|Photo of the Week
Phil Kline’s Unsilent Night plays Baltimore. Like a John Waters movie, but with new music folks. Photo by Loran McClung
- Perhaps this is why composers don’t cook.
- Jay Greenberg, redux?
- If you’re thinking of donating a gift to a child this season, think twice before sending a piano.
- “Jingle Bells”—the retrograde inversion version…okay, fine. It’s actually just in Pig Latin. [via music for maniacs]
- A Christmas gift from Arnold Schoenberg, via Kyle Gann. (Don’t think too hard on that.)
- Silver iPod: Alex Ross edition. Anyone else feel faint at the prospect?
- No smoking, no trans-fats, no holiday Muzak. The War on Xmas continues…
- Slightly off topic: all the facts on that operatic car crash at La Scala and why we just can’t seem to look away. Don’t you wish you’d been backstage?
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.