|Photo of the Week: Get Inked
For the “hopelessly untatted” SkinU.com offers this expert guidance specifically for you, dear NewMusicBox reader. (Thanks for the consult, Jenny.)
Frankly, I would have gone for “Pulitzer Prize Winner” in big block letters.
- Peer-reviewed online journal Radical Musicology launches. Yeah, you read that right.
- How would we understand our love of music without charts…lots of complex charts?
- Love child of Diamanda Galás and Joan La Barbara, perhaps?
- Lest you feel left out of headline news this week, know that Thailand’s King Bhumibol Adulyadej not only endorses miliary coups, but is also an avid jazz saxophonist.
- Steven Colbert was robbed by the MacArthur Foundation—he is just as much of a genius as John Zorn.
- Is there anything the Commodore 64 can’t do? [via boingboing]
- Just try and resist a polka-dot clad pianist playing “Schroeder’s Revenge” and “Wonky Inside!” [via the well-tempered blog]
- Who needs Grimm’s fairytales when you have threatening legal letters to read aloud to the children? Honestly, the RIAA may be a little right and a little wrong here, but clearly they need a new public relations agent.
- Speaking of laughing and the RIAA, Weird Al just had a great week. How long after listening to “Trapped at the Drive Thru” will it take for Peter Gelb to commission an opera from this guy?
NewMusicBox provides a space for those engaged with new music to communicate their experiences and ideas in their own words. Articles and commentary posted here reflect the viewpoints of their individual authors; their appearance on NewMusicBox does not imply endorsement by New Music USA.