Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (MAAF) has announced 48 grants totaling $477,900 to 16 dance, 23 music, and nine theater companies and solo performers from across the United States. USArtists International (USAI) is the only national initiative in the United States solely devoted to supporting performances by American artists at important international cultural festivals and arts marketplaces abroad.
USAI grantees include a mix of emerging and established artists that showcase a diversity of styles within their artistic disciplines. Third round 2019 grantees in the area of new music include:
- The Crossing, PA: Choral Biennale, The Netherlands
- Greg Ward’s Rogue Parade, IL: Festival Jazz International Nijmegen and Jazz International Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- JACK Quartet, NY: International Music Festival NOW!, Germany; Milano Musica, Italy; and Strings of Autumn, Czechia
- Joe Chambers & M’Boom, NC: Bologna Jazz Festival, Italy and Culture Autumn Schliersee, Germany
- Kaumakaiwa Kanaka’ole with Shawn Pimental, HI: Te Tairawhiti Arts Festival, New Zealand
- Linda May Han Oh, NY: Jazz Jantar Festival, Poland and Plovdiv Jazz Fest, Bulgaria
- Magos Herrera & Brooklyn Rider, NY: Cervantino Festival, Mexico
- Miguel Zenón Quartet, NY: Jazz Plaza Festival, Cuba
The first deadline of the 2020 cycle is September 5, 2019 for projects taking place between December 15, 2019 and December 14, 2020. The online application will be available in July 2019 and can be accessed here.
To read the full list of grantees, visit the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (MAAF) press release.